The objective of the MBS programme is to enable the students to work as competent managers and to meet the demand of higher level managers in organizations, particularly in the functional areas of management. Upon graduation, a student should be able to function as a manager in business, industry, government and non-government sectors, within and outside the country, in areas like accounting, marketing, finance and general management. The MBS programme specifically aims to:
- Equip the students with required conceptual knowledge of business and management.
- Prepare managers in the functional areas of management.
- Develop knowledge and skill of business environment in national and global perspective.
- Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
- Develop research capability in the students.
Developing managerial practice is a central concern of the Faculty of Management (FOM), Tribhuvan University (TU). The emphasis upon practice is reflected in various Master level programs of the FOM. FOM program lays special emphasis on developing graduates managerial and entrepreneurial skills over a solid foundation of theories and techniques. Through this two-year (60) credit hour program students develop their knowledge and management skills on the basis of a good understanding of the economic, social, political milieu both at the national and global levels.
The main objectives of this course are as follows:
- The course aims to provide solid foundation of conceptual and theoretical knowledge of the management and business, its functions and areas combined with technical knowledge and applications along with good communication skills.
- The course aims to impart students willing to enter in the business field, the necessary knowledge and ideas of business and business world.
- The course aims to develop the capacity in students to use business studies knowledge in practice and obtain analytical and visionary skills to make conversant decisions while dealing with wide range of management issues.
- The course aims to develop research skills in students and motivate students in the lifelong learning and professional development in the field of management and business studies.
- Students should have passed BBS from TU or any university recognized by TU is eligible for MBS program. OR
- Students from any stream who have passed Bachelor Degree from TU or University recognized by TU are eligible.
- Students joining MBS program in semester system should pass entrance exam.
- The Faculty of Management (FOM) conducts Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) for the MBS level entrance exam.
- The test carries full marks: 100 and time duration: 90 minutes
- Total question: 100
- Verbal Ability: 20 marks, Quantitative Technique: 20 marks Logically Answering: 20 marks, General Knowledge: 20 and Business and economics: 20 marks.
- Merit list is published after the entrance exam and admission is done as per the merit list published.