The pride and honor that we feel when someone calls us Nepali is very hard to express and explain in words. We consider ourselves very lucky to be born in this great and beautiful country. Unfortunately, the people have become lured towards foreign language forgetting the importance of Nepali language. Language is not only the means of communication; it is the package of our identity, culture, history and civilization. It glorifies us and gives our life the meaning. The youth of the nation should be well aware about the importance of language. To destroy the language means to destroy your existence.
Master of Arts in Nepali is a two year, four semester course of Tribhuvan University under the faculty of humanities and social science. The course is taught in semester system in Central Campus, Kirtipur where as in other colleges it is taught in yearly system.
The main objectives of studying MA Nepali in TU are as follows:
- The course aims in making students capable of understanding the fundamentals of Nepali language and advocating the need and importance of studying the Nepali language.
- The course aims to build efficient manpower that have an ability to uplift the Nepali language and literature to the phenomenal height and make Nepali very popular among youngsters.
- The course aims to produce creative students who have a zeal and passion to conduct research and other research related activities in the field of Nepali.
- The course aims to produce innovative and talented students who can contribute in uplifting Nepali literature by writing poems, ghazals, stories, plays, etc that are correct from both literature and grammatical point of view.
- The course aims to produce prolific students who are easily saleable in the job market, who can compete with the students of other faculty in any kind of competitive exam and who can influence millions of lives through the artistic use of Nepali language.
A student having Bachelor Degree in Nepali from TU or from board/ institution/ university recognized by TU in any stream is eligible in appearing in entrance.
The students must have to appear in entrance exam conducted by Central department of Nepali, Kirtipur in order to get admission in semester system. The merit list is published afterwards. For getting admission in yearly examination system, there is no provision of Entrance.