B.Sc. environment is a four year program of Tribhuvan University. The course is based on annual examination system where examination takes place at the end of every academic year. This program was introduced as three year program in 1997 AD and was later converted to 4 year program from 2012 AD. The course was introduced with view point of raising awareness among the general mass about the importance of environment. In the current circumstance, when environment is changing rapidly, the importance and relevancy of the subject has also increased. Apart from environment, subjects like zoology, chemistry etc, are taught in order to make student well known about other various aspects of environment. First and second year consists of compulsory subjects. In third year there are elective subjects. Fourth is tilted towards research. However, students who are not willing to do research can opt for written examination. The course is taught by dividing into theory and practical.
The objectives of B.Sc. environment are as follows:
- The course aims to qualify students for providing consultative services on the matter of environment law and policy and develop skills to carry out environment impact assessment test.
- The course aims to qualify students to contribute and endow leadership in the preparation of appropriate mechanism for showing early warning system about environmental change and its consequences.
- The course aims to qualify students in analyzing and understanding the intimate and interactive connection between man and his physical, social and biological environment and correlate the burning environmental issues and help in enhancement of environment quality.
- The course aims to qualify students in pursuing the graduate studies in environmental and
- carrying out innovative and creative work in the field of environment.
- The candidates must have passed intermediate level science or plus two science or A-level science or I.Sc from TU or Board/ University/ Institution accepted by TU in science stream.
- There is no any minimum mark criterion for B.Sc. environment.
- The students should compulsorily fulfill all the criteria required for appearing in the entrance exam.