Bachelors in Computer Application (BCA) is an Information Technology (IT) based career that awards the undergraduate degree in Computer Applications. This course is similar to BSc CSIT with its graduates pursuing their career in IT Field. In India, BCA is equivalent to B.Tech/B.E. Computer Science. This program provides a sound academic base for an advanced career in computer application.
BCA is a technical course being a combination of IT and Management. Thus the BCA Graduates can serve in National Organizations, NGOs, or any kind of business. Since IT is applicable in almost all sectors, the scopes of BCA has no limits.
Students with BCA can pursue any faculties related to Information Technology and Management. Since this degree is internationally recognized, further studies in abroad in this field is also a great option. BCA graduates can pursue MCA, MBA, MSc., MBS and much more.
The course insights:
- To produce professionals in the field of computer application as programmer and software developers.
- To provide knowledge about various tools and techniques used in software development.
- To provide students with both practical and theoretical aspect of studies related to computer applications.
- To enhance the skill of students to create solutions of technical problems that arises in industrial, commercial as well as in government companies.
- To provide students a fine base to continue their studies further in MIT, MBA, MCA, etc.
There is a certain eligibility criterion for the admission process. In general, the student must pass +2/intermediate or equivalent with some major subjects falling under the belts, such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The second phase of the requirement is the entrance examination conducted by Institute of Engineering (IOE). Students for this program will be assayed on the basis of their past academics and entrance examination.
A personal interview may be conducted if needed. Only selected candidates will get admission.