With a view to developing a network with management institutes in the country and abroad to exchange new knowledge, technology, and methods of achieving higher level efficiency in management of business and public entities, Faculty of Management (FOM) Tribhuvan University, Nepal has launched a four year BBS program in annual system. Its basic motto is to prepare professional managers capable of handling business in a dynamic global environment. Besides that, it aims at producing socially responsible and creative entrepreneurs capable of promoting business and industry for the socioeconomic development of Nepal. This Program also target to produce potential managers to compete in the global market of 21st century.
The specific objectives of BBS program are as follows:
- Endow students the conjectural knowledge of business and administration to develop the broad management perspective in students.
- Develop students into competent and responsible managers by providing them the required skills, abilities and necessary attitude.
- Make students the catalyst of change in Nepalese society by motivating them to explore their entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Create a necessary and passionate environment for higher studies so that students involve themselves in teaching, research, consultancy etc then after.
The candidate applying for admission to the BBS program:
- Students willing to apply for BBS program must have successfully completed the plus two(10+2) in business/ commerce or an equivalent course from a HSEB (Higher Secondary School Board) or from Tribhuvan University(TU) or from other University or Board recognized by T.U
- Students from other faculty like Science and Arts, in order to join BBS must have studied mathematics or economics as a full paper at the intermediate level (10+2) program.
- Student must have studied full paper of English at the plus two level or equivalent program.
- As prescribed by the Faculty Board or campus concerned, student must have secured the minimum marks at their intermediate level. Generally, there are no such tough criteria for getting enrolled in BBS program especially in Government Colleges.
- Students should fulfill all criteria as required by the entry college.
- Some colleges even take entrance exam and the students are chosen according to merit basis.
Minimum General Requirements:
The minimum requirements for BBS 4 years are as follows:
- Excluding days taken for admission and examination, an academic year consists of 150 teaching days.
- The total instructional hours in an academic year will be 615 hrs and additional hours may be required for field and practical works.
- A paper of 100 marks will have 150 lectures each of 50 minutes.
- There will be a minimum of 5 periods in each teaching day.